The federal government requires that any one applying for or holding a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) complete a physical exam before a commercial driver’s license may be issued or renewed.
At AFC Urgent Care Hamilton, our team of highly-qualified physicians and medical professionals are available to perform these DOT Physicals with no appointment necessary.
DOT Requirements include:
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with both eyes combined, & with or without correction
- Determine the difference between the colors of traffic lights
- Hear a forced whisper at a distance of a minimum of 5 ft
- Blood pressure must be 160/100 or under
- Blood sugar must be 200 or under
- The use of habit forming drugs, amphetamines or narcotics is prohibited
- If you have a cardiac problem, such as heart failure, you must pass a stress test & present a note from the physician stating you have no driving restrictions
AFC Urgent Care Hamilton is a walk-in clinic here to provide you with a comprehensive exam and complete the applicable reports for you during our extended hours.
Walk-ins are always welcome and there is little to no wait time! We can perform your DOT Physical for a fraction of the cost of the ER and accept coverage through a variety of health insurance plans.